Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Double-click on ANY english word to find out the meaning or to translate. Haga doble click en cualquier palabra en Inglés para saber su significado o para traducir.

Japanese Haikai

Basho (1644-1694)

Now the swinging bridge
is quieted with creepers
like our tendrilled life

Along this road
Goes no one,
This autumn eve.

The autumn full moon:
All night long
I paced round the lake.

Winter seclusion:
Once again I will lean against
This post.

First winter rain:
The monkey also seems
To want a small straw cloak.

Buson (1716-1783)

The voice of mosquitoes,
Whenever the flower of the honeysuckle
Falls.

Azaleas are blooming;
In this remote mountain village
The boiled rice is white.

Happiness,
At the white face of the child
In the mosquito net.

The young leaves
Drenched in the lights
Of the tall tower.

Issa (1763-1827)

For you fleas too,
The night must be long,
It must be lonely.

Striking the fly,
I hit also
A flowering plant.

The autumn storm;
A prostitute shack,
At 24 cents a time.

Shiki (1866-1902)

By the ruined mansion,
Fowls roaming
Among the hibiscus

The dead body
Of a trodden-on crab,
This autumn morning

Fallen leaves
Come flying from elsewhere:
Autumn is ending.

Having felled
A pasania tree,-
the sky of autumn.


Chiyo-ni (1701-1775)

Since morning glories
hold my well-bucket hostage
I beg for water

Hokushi [d. 1718]

Ashes my burned hut
but wonderful the cherry
blooming on the hill

Shiki (1867-1902)

for love and for hate
I swat a fly and offer it
to an ant

Murakami (1865-1938)

First autumn morning
the mirror I stare into
shows my father's face brilliant moon

Print this

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home